Go to footer

CAMELOT UNCHAINED

Re: CAMELOT UNCHAINED

Message par Selelin » Ven 17 Oct 2014 07:19

ça prend forme gentiment :) merci pour le photos Dark.
Amicalement, Sélé
Selelin

Message(s) : 302

Message par darkrain » Ven 10 Avr 2015 21:55

Allez , une vidéo de l'alpha in game :

https://youtu.be/rXCAQ9HSne8

Vous voyez , 2015 c'est déjà maintenant :-D
darkrain

Message(s) : 298

Message par Jaba » Ven 17 Avr 2015 18:32

Merci Dark ! Pas mal la vidéo.
Jaba

Message(s) : 150

Message par Selelin » Lun 20 Avr 2015 17:36

hmmm en espérant que cela continue comme ça, il à l'air vraiment bien foutu :)

A voir pour la suite !
Amicalement, Sélé
Selelin

Message(s) : 302

Message par darkrain » Sam 16 Mai 2015 01:45

Folks,

Happy Friday, all! We have a lot to talk about, so…

First, we will be running another 24 hours of Tech Alpha, starting today at 3PM Eastern Time and ending tomorrow, May 16th at around 3PM Eastern Time. This test will be open to all Alpha and IT Backers. If all goes well with this 24-hour cycle, next week or weekend we will again open the servers to some of our Beta Backers for some fun and frolic in the current Tech Alpha Build. As always, the full patch notes are available in the Alpha section on our Forums, as well as on our website as User Stories. Sorry about the short notice but it's a 24 hour test so all of our Alpha/IT folks have plenty of time to jump on in.

Secondly, our Backers continue to show their awesomeness, by not only putting up with my bad puns and frequent movie references, but by being patient with our occasional “heads down” approach. Sometimes, this results in a bit less communication than they or we would like, but our Backers keep supporting us by doing things that just make us smile from ear-to-ear, whether through continued support of the game or sending amazing things!

In the last few weeks we have had two of our Backers do things that are really quite lovely. One Backer, Raygar, sent us a really unique and special gift, which was a classic poster to inspire the team. We are currently having it framed, and it will proudly reside on one of the walls of the studio. Thank you for that, Raygar! This is the "Journey" poster that he sent us.

Another Backer, who apparently is blessed with a sarcastic streak to match his generosity, sent us some, well, very memorable t-shirts. So Failboat, thank you so much for these shirts. I’ll certainly wear the one you made especially for me quite proudly! After all, if we can’t laugh at ourselves a little bit, well, we won’t survive the next six months, let alone the next 18 months. Here are two photos of the t-shirts that Failboat sent us.

Thirdly, in terms of our hiring push, things are going quite nicely. While we have nothing we can announce yet (okay, I’m cautious to the point of superstition about this stuff), it shouldn’t be much longer till we have some very good news to share. As always, no promises, but well…

Fourth, in terms of work on our game, we’ve been rather busy. We have 39 new completes and 4 new adds to our User Stories section. I’ll highlight some of those here, but as always, these can be best viewed on our website and in our Forums:

1) As a Backer, I'd like to be able to damage, and ultimately destroy structures in the world.
Define first pass of building data structure. - Add and complete.

Note: Blowing, blasting and otherwise reducing the hard work of your opponents draws ever closer.

2) As a Backer, I'd like to be able to use modifier components when building abilities.
Integrate modifier component with pre-existing ability components. – Complete

Note: If you haven’t had a chance to check out the ridiculous new combinations you can make through our ability-crafting system, well, you are missing out on some stupidly fun stuff. :) We will begin balancing these abilities in the coming months, but the groundwork that we have laid down shows just how much control our players will have over their abilities. Our Backers wanted to see some BSC stuff in the game to complement the old-school stuff, and well, they can see some of that now, not 18 months from now.

3) As a Backer, I'd like Camelot Unchained to have sound through the start up, character creation and selection process.
First Pass: Server select background music. - Complete
First Pass: Loading screen background music. - Complete
First Pass: Character select input sfx and background music. - Complete
First Pass: Character creation input sfx and background music. - Complete

Note: Our Backers funding of the Stretch Goal made this happen so I hope that they have liked what they have seen so far. I know I’m quite happy with it.

4) As a Backer, I'd like to be able to be able to play an Archer.
First pass: Camera offset positioning for first pass archery. - Add and complete.

Note: Baby steps and all that. :)

5) As a Backer I'd like to see general improvements in C.U.B.E.'s interface and functionality.
Facebook integration to share screenshots. - Complete
First pass: Added the ability to place a light in the world. - Add and complete.

Note: The ability to add lights is a perfect example of our Backers telling us what was important for them to have as soon as possible, and us making it happen.

6) As a Backer, I'd like to play in a procedurally created environment. - First Pass.
Gut & Clean the existing zone editor and bring it back to life. - Complete
Add ability to move "stuff" around by dragging it. - Complete
Add new subdivision terrain code into a proper editor. - Complete
Terrain saved in DB, through builder, and sent to client as part of binary zone data. - Complete

Note: This is a big one, and our resident code wizard Andrew has been head down, headphones on, consuming vast quantities of coder fuel to bring about the magic. And it is almost there, like really almost, as in today possibly, for our IT folks to see the first pass.

7) As a Backer, I'd like to see the sun, moons, and stars in the sky with sky color changes based on time of day and position of those celestial bodies.
Render the sky in a different scene. - Complete
Render a tessalated icosahedron with uniform face distribution. (A skybowl :P) - Complete
First pass: Sun and moons. - Complete

Note: Part of the difficulty in building out your own engine is that you have to build so much from scratch. While this might not seem like a big deal either in terms of importance or difficulty, well, it needed to be done, and it is moving along nicely. So, as I’ve said so often “Watch the sky!”

We also have some new cards to add to our glowing deck, including:

1) As a Backer I'd like to see abilities use a requirement system to further define the ability system. - Code
Create foundation of requirements system. - Complete
Abilities check stats. - Complete
Abilities check stance. - Complete
Abilities check active effect tags. - Complete
Abilities check race and archetype. - Complete
Abilities check player or target. - Complete

2) As a Backer, I'd like to test the updated male luchorpan model.
Create base body concept and worksheets. - Complete
Model high poly sculpt. - Complete
Model and rig low poly model. - Complete
Import and test model parts. - Complete
Replace old model with updated model in game. - Complete

Note: This is important because we continue to refine our modeling system for the game. The Luchorpan is on that new and improved model.

We have also added some non-card stuff too, including:
1) Fixed the spawning under the world bug related to invalid abilities.
2) First pass transfer of momentum. "Pushing!"
3) Minor improvement to visual accuracy of knockback affects.
4) Additional materials added to C.U.B.E.

Whew! And there’s more as well, which can be found on our website and the Forums. We’ve been busy boys and girls! As promised, the pace on visible improvements has picked up, and will continue to gain momentum going forward.

Finally, on Monday, May 18th at 3PM Eastern Time, I’ll be doing a Live Streaming update. So, if you can drop by our Twitch Channel at 3PM you’ll see yours truly talking a blue streak and doing a Q&A afterward!

For today’s art update, here are some updated Golem models from Michelle. As you can see from these concepts, Michelle has made some significant changes to the Golems, while retaining all of the “golem-ness” which sets them apart from other races.

Here are two individual studies from her as well.

As always, feel free to stop by our Forums and let us know what you think!

And, not to be out-quacked, Sandra has a new Stretch Goal duck, this one for the Camelot Unchained Herald.

That’s it for today’s update. From all of us at CSE to all of you, have a great weekend, and I’ll see many of you (or more accurately, you’ll see me) on Monday!

-Mark
darkrain

Message par darkrain » Sam 13 Juin 2015 17:28

darkrain

Message par doc » Dim 14 Juin 2015 18:24

merci pour le lien
"La seconde est la durée de 9 192 631 770 périodes de la radiation correspondant à la transition entre les niveaux hyperfins F=3 et F=4 de l’état fondamental 6S½ de l’atome de césium 1331."
Alors oui ,soigner ça prend du temps.
doc

Message(s) : 320

Message par darkrain » Mar 21 Juil 2015 19:20

Ca vient ... :-D

Folks,

Greetings, all! Today’s update is mostly just a recap of what we announced on Friday, during my live stream update (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL8HEbXwDCw) and articles on MOP (http://massivelyop.com/2015/07/17/mark- ... eta-delay/) and MMORPG (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... ature/9900). However, since this is an important update, and has some new information, please forgive the length.

First, we announced earlier this summer that we had hired a very talented senior programmer from Riot Games™. We were incredibly excited to have him join our team, and we eagerly awaited his contribution to our push to Beta. Unfortunately, two days after he joined us remotely, he sent me an email to tell me that he had to leave the studio to take another, life-changing opportunity. I received this email the day after my wife’s surgery. Well, as I said in the stream, we were quite surprised by this, especially after I spoke to him twice on his first day.

I was both embarrassed (having told you folks about him), and, well, angry at the lost months of recruiting effort, cost, etc. Even more, I was just sad that we were going to have to repeat the time-consuming searching, interviewing, and hiring process all over again. As I also said in the stream, I’m not going to jump up and down, scream, or yell at this guy (and neither should you folks, please). I think he is a very talented programmer, and, well, he saw an opportunity to improve his and his family’s life, so I won’t take him to task for that decision.

Unfortunately, as we’ve been saying for the last year, our success in staffing has been less than we hoped for (more on this below, it’s not all bad news!), and because of that, the amount of work that we have been able to do has, as a result, been less than we hoped. While we knew that it was going to be difficult to get to Beta on time, the loss of a senior programmer, along with the loss of the work that went into finding and hiring him, really put us behind the 8-ball, Beta-wise.

So, I regret to announce that we are delaying the opening of Beta 1. We will announce the new date in September for the reasons I laid out during the stream on Friday. I will reiterate them again later in this update, but I do want to first apologize, most profusely, for this delay. While it happened for all the right reasons (lack of quantity of work, not quality), nobody is unhappier than I am about the delay.

Before we go into more detail on the delay, I want to take a moment to mention some of the good news: Over the last month, even though we lost one senior programmer, we have added three new full-time people to the team.

The first to join us was a new character artist. He is a talented guy, and as soon as he sits in his chair here (okay, I’m being superstitious now), we’ll talk about him in detail, as he is currently working remotely for us. I think you’ll love what you see from his work in our game and his digital sculptures. He’s a nice addition to the team, and I’ll say it again: you’ll love what you see from him.

The second person to join us is a junior artist, who, in her own words, has a dark side (hmm, wonder what she’ll be working on?). Hopefully she’ll be working here in the studio by the fall, but for now, she is also working remotely.

The third and most important signing for the team was the senior server engineer we bagged (note that the one we lost was a graphical engineer). This is one of the two must-have senior programmers from our stretch goal, and he will be joining us in early September. The best news? Although he was originally going to work remotely, he and his significant other liked so much of what they saw from us and beautiful downtown Fairfax, Virginia (we secretly showed them Paris, France instead, I hope they don’t catch on!), that they are moving to the area. This is a nice win for us, as having a senior programmer working remotely is great, but having that same guy here is even better. So, even though we lost one, we added three new team members, and hopefully, we’ll have another hiring announcement real soon now. :)

In terms of our Beta delay, before talking about what comes next, I want to remind everyone that we are a small team. We only have eight full-time programmers, and well, losing one and not being able to hire as many programmers as we have slots has slowed things significantly. These are simply the reasons for the delay: we are not here to make lame excuses. During the live stream, Andrew taped a note to the window of the conference room with a quote from the Great and Powerful Shigeru Miyamoto: “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.” Thanks for the pep talk, Andrew!!!!!

While I hate the fact that we are delayed and I will, once again, apologize on behalf of everybody here at CSE for it, I hope our Backers remember that we are attempting to do something quite difficult here. We are building a high-performance game (not just rendering) engine, and a great game at the same time. That is a difficult thing to do under any circumstances, but when we can’t fill out our team's open slots, the challenge is increased. The great news, however, is that we are still under-budget for the game. So, while we are late, we are not over-budget. Something to keep in mind as we move forward.

However, a reason and an apology is not enough for us. We promised we would do better than simply saying “Sorry, we’re late. Thanks so much for paying, ha! Buh-bye!”, and we will do better. The first part of keeping that promise is something I’m happy to announce today. Just as we did with our Alpha Backers when the start of Alpha testing was delayed, we plan to do lots of things for Beta 1 Backers.

The first thing we will do is give all our Beta 1 Backers access to C.U.B.E., so that you too can get into the C.U.B.E. fun, as well as the chat system. We will also step up the volume of tests that Beta 1 Backers can participate in, so while you won’t be playing in the Beta just yet, you will be playing in more Alpha tests than you would otherwise have been able to participate in. We’ve been talking about 1K+ Backer and Bots battles in our current build, and we really want our Beta 1 Backers to help us replace some of those damned Bots in our testing cycles. CSENet hasn’t become self-aware yet, so we need smart, devious, clever, and dedicated testers to help us test and break stuff, especially tech.

And for our Alpha folks, we haven’t forgotten you either! We’ll be spinning up our servers more often, and for longer periods of time, to make sure all of our Alpha Backers have plenty of opportunities to access the varying builds. We are also going to begin streaming more, so that all of our Backers can see the progress we are making, and to further reassure our Backers that all is well. Slower than we wanted, yes, but well.

We will announce the new Beta date in September, as all the new team members come up to speed. That’s when we’ll be able to give you a realistic date for the start of Beta. Until we see how the new folks perform, it would be silly to announce a date. I really don’t want to do this again unless I have to, and I certainly don’t want to end up in a difficult situation due to being overly optimistic. I hope you understand, and this interim waiting period for the new date is one of the reasons we will stream more. Going all Willy Wonka now and hiding behind our walls would be the wrong move, especially as we want to show off how things are going.

But wait, is there more? Yep, and we’ll talk about that as we move forward. We might be a small team that chose a difficult path, and yeah, we don’t have $85M, but we can still treat you Backers right, and that’s why the last part of this update is an important one.

From the Kickstarter onward, we said that we would give refunds to our Backers that were unhappy with the game we were delivering. I also said that we would treat your money respectfully and carefully, and we have done that. And so, if you are so unhappy that we have to delay the Beta that you still want a refund despite our current and future attempts to make it right for our Beta 1 Backers, all you have to do is ask. Now, we really wish you wouldn’t, of course (we’re excited about the progress we are making).

Even though this policy has cost us $50K in refunds since last August, and I’ve processed a few today as expected, we trust in both our Backers’ faith in us and the game we are making. So, if you want a refund, you know what to do. Please keep in mind that while $50K is a lot of money, it is still less than 2% of our total donations, so, it’s pretty small piece of the funds raised. No matter what, we thank you for your support, now and forever.

That pretty much sums up the live streaming update, plus the addition of the first part of the Beta Delay plan. While you might think the future seems a little shakier now, nothing could be further from the truth. Our Vine postings, our Alpha tests, our upcoming streams, and our willingness to back up our words with our refund policy (which makes us one of the very few crowdfunded games that gives a refund, especially a full refund), should speak volumes. I hope it does, because after my two-hour live streaming session, I’m a little talked-out right now. :)

I hope everybody got or is getting through their first day of the work week in one piece, and I’ll see you on our Forums, MOP, MMORPG, IT Chat, and so on. And again, please accept our apologies for the delay.

As always, our thanks!

-Mark
darkrain

Message par darkrain » Sam 8 Août 2015 19:25

Miam Alpha :

darkrain

PrécédentSuivant

Retour vers Index du forum

Retour vers Camelot Unchained