Go to footer

The Friday Grab Bag (Q&A with Keaven and Kevin) 3/15/13

Lieu de rencontre ouvert à tous en lecture.
Il faut s'enregistrer pour y écrire.

The Friday Grab Bag (Q&A with Keaven and Kevin) 3/15/13

Message par Silma » Ven 22 Mars 2013 14:34

http://www.etaew.net/war-the-friday-grab-bag/

Each week the Warhammer Dev Team will be taking questions from the community websites and the core testers. Make sure you keep an eye out on these websites for ways to submit your questions.

From these questions five are picked by Keaven and Kevin and answered in what we are calling “The Friday Grab Bag”.

The community sites are taking turns in featuring these questions in English and German. This week Idrinth and me have the opportunity to post and next week will see Werit and Anij posting.

Any other language bloggers out there should contact me.
The Core Testers

Etaew from etaew.net
Idrinth from waaagh.de and idrinth.de
Anij from war-drakenwald.blogspot.de
Werit from weritsblog.com
kerbear from WAR Forums

The Questions

When can we expect to see Phase 2 of the Live Event and/or 1.4.9?

KEVIN: We’re hoping by the end of March.

KEAVEN: Part 2 of A Stronghold Saga is taking longer to roll out than we anticipated; partly due to the issues we had with the server migrations. Things appear on track now, and, as Kevin said, we should be ready to go by the end of March. Expect some teasers shortly ;)

Can the + XP book be made destroyable or sellable?

KEVIN: No! Books should not be destroyed. Fine, I’ll think about it. Other than the fact that inventory slots are precious, are there any other specific reasons that the books need to be removed from the inventory?

Can we have public quest for actual RvR, that span the whole area(i.e. kills,BO-taps) and reward something useful to all those, who worked on it? Maybe potions like unique liniments?

KEVIN: An interesting idea. It is possible, however I wouldn’t want it to become the primary objective of the RVR Lake.

KEAVEN: There are already issues of groups circling the battlefield avoiding one another, and even blatant cap-trading. Something like this could be a very useful way to give out extra rewards, but it would need to be self-correcting in some way, so there was no advantage (or incentive, for that matter) to cap-trade with the enemy. This could be a future Dev Discussion topic ;)

Is there any reasonable chance to have some of the devs and the cm+team playing the game openly on a fixed day (let’s say first friday of a month)

KEVIN: Technically this is possible. Personally, I like to play anonymously without any of the advantages (or disadvantages) that being a Developer might bring.

KEAVEN: We’ve had a long-standing policy against this, but after seeing how well Friday Fight Fest went over on Wrath, it is something we’ve considered revisiting.

Could you post a random metric once in a while? Something like the amount of kills for order and destruction during the week.

KEAVEN: Metrics can be dangerous, as they are prone to misinterpretation, or used as the basis for wild extrapolations.

Silma
Azulrinn

Message(s) : 480

Retour vers Index du forum

Retour vers Place publique